Class A CDL Driver
As a driver, you will deliver and recover equipment at the customer site. This involves local hauling of equipment and supplies as well as loading/unloading and securing equipment. As a Service apprentice you will be trained to work on material handling equipment to perform repair and maintenance on various equipment.
The driver is responsible for the safe operation of all company vehicles, accuracy in all paperwork and to ensure prompt and courtesy service to our customers. The driver’s schedule is communicated via the Service Manager. Listed below are some of the direct responsibilities of the driver, but is not limited to the following tasks:
- Perform vehicle inspection and complete paperwork.
- Complete accurately all DOT paperwork as required during truck use.
- Notify operations of any deficiencies of trucks and equipment in writing.
- Maintain all required truck safety equipment, accessories and inspections.
- Visually inspecting and counting all equipment on all pickups/deliveries.
- Securing and periodically checking the load.
- Noting any lost or damaged equipment on the return paperwork.
- Obtaining necessary signatures on the required return paperwork.
- Disbursing return paperwork as instructed.
- 1 year of experience minimum
- Valid Class A Certified Driver’s License
- May require DOT physical
- Air Brake Endorsement (Preferred)
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid orientation
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
From $27.00 per hour