FORKLIFT SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Richmond | Chesapeake | Bedford
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
- To perform highly skilled and complex mechanical repairs. Perform the duties of a technician involve the inspecting, repairing, fabricating, rebuilding and maintaining light and heavy-duty equipment.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor.
- Work overtime if needed and approved by Service Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- A Technician may be called upon to do any or all of the following: (These examples do not include all of the tasks which the employee may be expected to perform).
- Perform highly skilled and complex mechanical repairs on both light and heavy equipment.
- Perform the duties of a mechanic involved in hands on repairs and maintenance of vehicles.
- Inspect/operate equipment, analyze trouble and plan sequence of repair operations.
- Ability to engage in heavy manual labor for extended periods, in all types of weather and under various working conditions.
- Perform bumping, painting, heating, drilling, bolting, welding (MIG, Stick, TIG), brazing, sand blasting, soldering, or cutting operations.
- Adjust, or repair and replace parts in engines, transmissions, differentials, brakes and other equipment.
- Adjust or repair hydraulic systems and components.
- Maintain and instruct others on proper safety procedures.
- Respond to repair request.
- Record daily work in Shop System.
- Perform road service on equipment as required.
- Plow, shovel and salt parking lots and sidewalks, if needed.
- Investigate complaints and equipment malfunctions.
- Analyze performance of equipment.
- Preparation of equipment for sale.
- Wash and clean administrative and other vehicles, if needed.
- Attend meetings and classes as identified by Eaheart Industrial Service, Inc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Service Manager.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 50 lbs. as needed to perform above job duties.
- Must be able to climb over and crawl under equipment to perform above job duties.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Richmond, VA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Experience: Mechanical knowledge: 1 year (Preferred)
License/Certification: Driver’s License (Preferred)
Willingness to travel: 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road