We are committed to being the market leader in supplying quality products, service and solutions to industrial, warehousing, municipal and commercial customers
Reports to: CEO
Purpose: Leads the organization’s parts, inventory, service business departments in alignment with the Eaheart Industrial Equipment’s strategic, financial, operational plans and safety plans. Attracts, retains, and effectively engages and develops department personnel.
· 5+ years’ experience managing Service and Parts Department operations – technical ability
· 3+ years Inventory Management Experience – technical ability
· Knowledge of service management and work order systems – results orientation
· Ability to schedule and optimize schedules and work- analytical skills
· Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet applications
· Familiar with CAT and competitive products
· Ability to analyze data and translate into actionable information – problem solver
· Ability to create departmental plans – Strategic thinker
· Excellent understanding of financial principles relative to Parts and Service Department operations
· Knowledge and application of technician training and development
· Proven leadership skills and collaborative team player
Parts and Service
- Plan, develop and implement the Strategic Business Plan for the service and parts organization
- Manage parts inventory staff and processes to continuously improve comp[any metrics
- Manage work order management system and optimize service productivity metrics
- Effectively create, monitor and implement annual Service and Parts Department’s goals and budget in alignment with the organization’s financial and operational objectives.
- Develops and executes Service and Parts Department marketing plan and monitors to ensure achievement of established goals
- Manages the organization’s Customer Satisfaction Program
- Manages recruiting, staffing and employee development activities for employees reporting to this position
- Responsible for store/site sales personnel
- Oversees the service provided by the Parts Department and assures customer needs are met the first time, in a friendly and timely manner.
- Maintains an accurate inventory of parts, oversees the stock order process to assure needed parts are on hand. Works with other stores in transferring items, maximizing turns on parts for the store.
- Oversees the annual physical inventory of assigned store.
- Schedules and supervises all department staff. Works with Human Resources and other relevant corporate staff in hiring, training, policy development, problem solving, performance evaluation and terminations (when necessary). Recruits, hires, and retains key talent by maintaining employees and individual development plans.
- Assures staff are knowledgeable about parts and service or know where to get the answers, providing training and development opportunities.
- Implements the safety and policy guidelines of the organization to ensure the department stays in compliance with EPA, OSHA, USDOT and other governmental regulations.
- Manages the entire work order cycle process, generation through closing and invoicing for customer and internal work
- Sells service labor and parts ensuring all techs are highly productive so that budgets and goals are met
- Works with all Service Managers to identify and execute continuous process improvements.
- Audits and Reviews work orders for completeness and accuracy prior to customer billing
- Ensures all service Warranty and Product Improvement Programs are completed, submitted to Centralized Warranty Administrator within the required timeframe to receive maximum credit
- Ensures all departmental tools, equipment, and vehicles are in good working order
- Actively coaches, develops and helps employees grow their capabilities
- Handles all customer and personnel complaints in the service department
- Enforces all safety rules and regulations.
Bachelor’s Degree or Associate Degree with 10 years’ experience
Experience based ($70,000 – $82,500)
Drug test required.