Assist the service manager in maintaining accurate and on time reports and records relative to the service department’s operation within the dealership.
Fields internal and external customer inquiries to the service department
Opens work orders as directed by the service manager/shop foreman and maintains control until they are closed and invoiced.
- Maintains the service library with current information (for example: files bulletin, manuals, multi-media, etc) under the direct supervision of the service manager
- Maintains service department filing and record.
- Updates customer profiles using equipment, hours, or other information from the customer work order
- Monitors work in progress to maximum technician productivity and control open and unbilled time and money within company guidelines
- Maintains accessories and supplies and prepares replacement orders
- May prepare service technicians efficiency reports
- Updated warranty and/or product improvement claims including the computation of charges, submission and follow-up – sending on to the Centralized Warranty Administrator
- Schedule PM’s
- Plans work for next day
- Must make judgement calls if Service Manager is not available
- Must maintain GPS and dispatch
- Keep call logs
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of accounting practices
- General understanding of mechanical/ technical terms is preferred
- Ability to used standard desktop load applications, such as Microsoft Office, and internet functions
- Knowledge of office procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience